There are 8 statutory holidays in Manitoba (MB). The Manitoba Statutory Holidays 2024 include New Year’s Day, Louis Riel Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas.
Easter Sunday, Terry Fox Day, Remembrance Day and Boxing Day are not General Holidays.
General holidays are sometimes referred to as statutory holidays or stat holidays. They are days recognized by law as holidays. Employees either have this day off with pay, or are paid differently if they work.
Table of contents
- Manitoba Statutory Holidays 2024
- Manitoba Optional Holidays 2024
- Manitoba Statutory Holidays Calendar 2024
- Special Rules for Manitoba Statutory Holidays
Manitoba Statutory Holidays 2024
|January – 1||Monday||New Year’s Day|
|February – 19||Monday||Louis Riel Day|
|March – 29||Friday||Good Friday|
|May – 20||Monday||Victoria Day|
|July – 1||Monday||Canada Day|
|September – 2||Monday||Labour Day|
|October – 14||Monday||Thanksgiving Day|
|December – 25||Wednesday|| Christmas
Manitoba Optional Holidays 2024
|March – 31||Sunday||Easter Sunday|
|August – 5||Monday||Terry Fox Day|
|November – 11||Monday||Remembrance Day|
|December – 26||Thursday||Boxing Day|
Calendar for Manitoba Statutory Holidays 2024
Special Rules for Manitoba Statutory Holidays 2024
- General holidays are sometimes referred to as statutory holidays or stat holidays. They are days recognized by law as holidays. Employees either have this day off with pay, or are paid differently if they work.
- Employees who do not work on Easter Sunday, Terry Fox Day and Boxing Day, do not have to be paid because these are not general holidays.
- When a general holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday that an employee does not normally work, the employee must get the next regular workday off with general holiday pay.